Greetings, fellow Toastmasters,
We have only a little over six weeks left until the end of this Toastmasters year! It’s hard to believe!! Here are some important updates from the trio!
FROM DISTRICT DIRECTOR, Tina Guillot, DTM Contest Winners: Congratulations to the winners of our District contests. Evaluation Contest winners included Phil Varona (1st Place), Michael Taiwo (2nd Place), and Greg Kitchen (3rd Place) and the International Speech Contest winners were Gene Reyes (1st Place), Richard Bubby Mathis (2nd Place), and Anthony Sariol (3rd Place). Gene will represent the District in the semi-finals at the International Convention in Vancouver in August! Way to go, Gene!
Election Results… It is our pleasure to announce the incoming elected leaders of District 68. Your trio and Division Directors – Elect are as follows:
- District Director – Mohamad A. Qayoom
- Program Quality Director – Annie Svaty
- Club Growth Director – Katie Rigsby
- Division A Director – Saketh Madugula
- Division B Director – Tammy Tull Freeman
- Division C Director – Gant Laborde
- Division D Director – Chic Miller
It’s going to be a great year! Start thinking now about how you will want to help! Officers Elections/List Updates… Don’t forget to hold your elections early and get your officer lists entered in Club Central at Toastmasters.org. CAUTION: Make sure you are updating the FUTURE list and not replacing officers for the current term!
FROM PROGRAM QUALITY DIRECTOR, Mohamad Qayoom, DTM Area Director and Other Appointments… Over the next few weeks, we will begin making appointments to Area Directors and supporting roles (Administration Manager, Finance Manager, and Public Relations Manager). If you are interested in serving on the District Executive Committee and have not yet submitted your name, now is the time. Please get in touch with me (Mohamad) immediately! Those interested in serving as Area Directors should join us Friday evening for a panel discussion on the requirements, responsibilities, and rewards of the role. Click here to access the invitation and details. Distinguished Club Program… Twenty-six percent (26%) clubs in our District have accomplished Distinguished or higher status. Another twenty-five percent (25%) clubs need only a few members or goals to become Distinguished. Club officers are encouraged to access dashboards.toastmasters.org to see where their clubs stand. FROM CLUB GROWTH DIRECTOR, Joel Dawson, DTM
More on the Distinguished Club Program… We’re coming around the final turn and the finish line is nearing! Just wanted to share with you a few quick tips to get your club to President’s Distinguished!
- Presidents/VPEs… Do a member assessment to find out if there have been any educational awards that have slipped through the cracks! This is actually pretty common. If you discover any, submit them as soon as possible.
- Make a target list of speakers. When doing your member assessment, look for members that have 3 or less speeches to their next award. “INSPIRE/MOTIVATE” them to complete their manual.
- VPRs/VPMs – If you need to build membership, the tried and tested strategy of building club membership, has been open house. Even if you’ve never conducted one in the past, we have the resources to help. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate! CALL NOW!…BUT WAIT……..THERE’S MORE! If you schedule an open house within the next 4 weeks, I’ll be your guest speaker!!
Pease let us know if you have any questions about the above.
Sincerely, Tina Guillot, DTM District 68 Director 504-338-7927